Thursday, April 06, 2006

Pocket Area Homes For Sale (4-3-06)

Sacramento Pocket Area Date: April 3, 2006 Homes on Map: 351 *Update3* I found a way to embed Google Maps directly into blogger, so I'm dispensing with Map Builder. I'm also adjusting the blog to show one post at a time for performance reasons. For additional map viewing, use the links on the right. If you want to know how I did this, visit Ron Larson's blog *Update2* The maps are live again, but they've disabled data importing for the moment, so no new maps until they re-enable or I find an alternative. *Update* It looks like Map Builder is changing over to a new server to handle all the traffic you guys are generating. :) I'm not sure when they'll be back up. When they do I'll have some new map data ready to go, so keep checking back! I’ve been trying for some time to find a decent way to map home listings in the greater Sacramento area. The number of listings has been growing steadily since the beginning of 2006, and a map would help our understanding of the market immensely. Unfortunately, access by mere mortals (a.k.a. people who aren’t agents) to the MLS is limited to a handful of crappy web sites. The brokers controlling the MLS don’t want regular people to know what the housing market is doing in their area. They even go so far as to charge their own members (.pdf) for access to statistical information. Some web sites are coming on line that should eventually help with the problem, but for now, they are still incomplete, or inaccurate. That being said, it is still possible, with some effort, to create a picture of the market. I will continue to add maps to this blog as I have time.

No comments: