Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Home and Fincance News

As you all must know by now, I read a lot of news. I mean a lot of news. Probably way too much news. It's just that there's so much news online these days, and I'm a fast reader... Anyway, it seems like real-estate is on everybody’s mind these days. I've stopped bringing the subject up because I thought people were sick of it, but I was wrong. Maybe you guys just like I hear me rant (for some reason), so you throw a topic at me so you can watch the fireworks. Are you that desperate for entertainment? Isn't The Office funny enough for you? Good god! Anyway, Jason sent me a home finance link yesterday, with this flippant remark:
Why isn't this on your blog?
As if you don't already have a home?? As if these kinds of problems are in your distant past?? As if my sister isn't already canceling social events in favor of stripping wallpaper and choosing new custom frames for your cool new Irish artwork?? Give me a break! Well, for your information, I have a ton of new home finance links for you to read and ponder: L.A. Times: Middle Class investors are buying property instead of stocks for their retirement N.Y. Times: The real-estate market feels more like the dot-com market in 1999 Wall Street Journal: Institutional investors are selling real-estate holdings as fast as they can MSNBC: Sellers are having a harder time in other (not California) parts of the country L.A. Times: People are finding it hard to move to California Detroit Free Press: More people use stated income loans to buy property USAToday: More people use adjustable rate mortgages AFP: More bubble debate USAToday: People with adjustable-rate loans are going to suffer L.A. Times: People with interest-only loans are going to suffer L.A. Times: Title insurers have been stealing from home buyers So there you have it. Back by popular demand. Two weeks of home-buying-related junk. Maybe I should do another natural disaster entry? This real-estate stuff is way too depressing...

No comments: